The Camel Bookmobile - Masha Hamilton

I picked this up at the library when I went to collect another book that I had on hold. I always have a look at the new fiction section, and this book caught my eye. The dust jacket said that it was inspired by the Nairobi Camel Bookmobile, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Everything started out well - the prologue was very descriptive and emotional - so far, so good. However before long the writing quality had changed. The book painted the characters in what I would call "broad strokes" - giving a basic outline of what they were thinking, and then changing to another character without going into details. By the end of the book, the threads came together, but since I hadn't learned anything much about the characters, I simply didn't care.

0 comments, please comment here: